Skip to main content

TV25

TV25 Experience

So for the past while we have been working with a local antenna T.V. company called TV25. The CEO is Brian Short. We began by talking with Mr. Short and going over his current website, and all the things he hopes to achieve with this new website. In this meeting I took some very scattered notes that are shown below.  Some of the main things that I gathered from this meeting was that Mr. Short wanted his site to flow very well and be easy to read. This is also made me think of a site that is sleek and modern to show that they are still very technology oriented even though they still use antennas, unlike cable companies. A long with looking at his current website and logo I wanted to find a way to spice up the layout, and add interest for his viewers. He was also very interested in the idea of a carrousel in the home page of his site that was linked to the weather, YouTube, and News.



The next step was creating a layout in Illustrator to start to plan where things are going to end up going. Honestly, I struggled a lot in this process. I was flat out of ideas. Once I finally got rolling I just took things one step at a time. I knew that I wanted to have a table format for all the channel links. I wanted to do this because it highlighted the number of channels hat TV25 offers that most people don't realize. I also experimented with maybe a more muted red just so that way it was not as overwhelming to the eyes, but sadly he was not open to toning down his color scheme. The last thing that I knew I wanted to be in his final site was his contact info in the footer. I always thought that that was a nice way to end the page of a website. My final wire frame for the TV25 site is on the left.



Next was to build the actual website in DreamWeaver. I really do believe I learned a lot in the project. For example, I definitely felt like I was able to problem solve better on my own. However, I did not get everything done that I wished to.  I did not got all the links working for the individual channels. However I was able to make a working carrousel that I was proud of. I did wish that I had been a little bit more ambitious with my designs, because I know that I can totally do it, even if I didn't think I could before.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manny's Marbles Critique

I started thinking about the round playful aspect of a marble. Thats how I decided on the soft-edged font that is thick. I molded it to a circle because it showed off the marble aspect. Next I thought of how a marble bounced so I added the motion aspect to my logo. I tried to make the Marble 3D by adding a gleam.

Famous Logo Tutorial!

Google Play Logo!  This is the Google Play logo that I made with a tutorial. The logo was surprisingly easy. The most difficult part was creating the correct gradients to try and match it the best I could. Along with messing around with the opacity. I had a tom of fun making this logo and it only took me about 15 minutes to create!   

Redesigned Portfolio

Wow. I am so happy with my portfolio. I think that is sleek and really shows my personality, and my aesthetic as a designer.  am really proud of how much I have learned in web design this semester. I know I am a bit off track, but I feel accomplished. My portfolio is not done by any means. I have a few things left on my to do list. I would like to like my O.P.E.N website to my portfolio along with my TV25 website. I also completely forgot to include my manny's Marbles site, which I think could add a lot to my site. I also need to delete/add links to the social media buttons after the contact page. I would say that I am very close to the finish line though. Overall things that I struggled with in this project is the header picture, the colors, and the portfolio photos. The header image took a combination of all of the adobe programs, and some assistance from Ava's photography skills. I needed an image that had a white background. So I set out into the hallway to take som