Skip to main content

Name Typography

Name Typography 

This was my first project of my junior year. The goal was to take your name and alter the text to portray an aspect of your personality. I began by creating a list of words that I thought described me best. Including things I liked to do and personality traits. After narrowing the word list down to only 12 words I began to sketch how I could change the text to convey my ideas. I also began looking on DaFont.com for specialized fonts. I selected my favorite sketches from each word to try to pursue in Illustrator. As I began to manipulate the anchor points of the text I made ,shapes, lines, and curves, to give off the vibe I was looking for.  After I adjusted all 12 I went through with a fine tooth comb and began to pick out things that I thought threw off what I was trying to achieve or could possible make it clearer, after changing these few details I was left with my final project! During the process I learned many things. For example, I learned how to properly move the anchor points.Also how to "clean up" your work which means using the pathfinder tool to cut out shapes instead of having several different unconnected shapes. If I had to do this project over again I definitely would have tried to push myself to create a bigger list of words from the very beginning so I had a broader starting point.   On the other end I would totally space the work out the same way as I did this time because it was very manageable and gave me plenty of time to critique myself. All in all, I learned how something so simple can create such a big picture which will be very useful as I continue on in the Graphic Design world.  

 My finished Product

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manny's Marbles Critique

I started thinking about the round playful aspect of a marble. Thats how I decided on the soft-edged font that is thick. I molded it to a circle because it showed off the marble aspect. Next I thought of how a marble bounced so I added the motion aspect to my logo. I tried to make the Marble 3D by adding a gleam.

Famous Logo Tutorial!

Google Play Logo!  This is the Google Play logo that I made with a tutorial. The logo was surprisingly easy. The most difficult part was creating the correct gradients to try and match it the best I could. Along with messing around with the opacity. I had a tom of fun making this logo and it only took me about 15 minutes to create!   

Redesigned Portfolio

Wow. I am so happy with my portfolio. I think that is sleek and really shows my personality, and my aesthetic as a designer.  am really proud of how much I have learned in web design this semester. I know I am a bit off track, but I feel accomplished. My portfolio is not done by any means. I have a few things left on my to do list. I would like to like my O.P.E.N website to my portfolio along with my TV25 website. I also completely forgot to include my manny's Marbles site, which I think could add a lot to my site. I also need to delete/add links to the social media buttons after the contact page. I would say that I am very close to the finish line though. Overall things that I struggled with in this project is the header picture, the colors, and the portfolio photos. The header image took a combination of all of the adobe programs, and some assistance from Ava's photography skills. I needed an image that had a white background. So I set out into the hallway to take som